fredag 24. august 2012

Symbolic Self Portrait 23-08-12

During Thursday's lesson I started to create the final product, by using the grid method and copying the outlines of a seigmann onto an A3 sheet of paper. I think the outlines became quite good, and in the following lesson I will want to add my face to the artwork. I was originally going to add the face on the seigmann itself, but Mr. Roman said I should challenge myself with trying to create something more challenging. I then decided (with inspiration from Mr. Roman) that I would try to create my face in the background of the seigmann. There are several benefits with this, the first one being that it will be more recognizable and will fall better into the goal of this project. The purpose of this unit was to create an accurate, but symbolic self portrait of you. This is quite hard if you create a small portrait of the head (like my plan was to do on the seigman).

When this is said I believe the artowork is going well, even if I could have worked faster during this Thursday lesson. Like I stated, I will start adding my face to the artwork in the next lesson, so I had to find an appropriate picture.

So far, so good. :-)

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar