torsdag 9. februar 2012

Pop Art 9/2/12 + Evaluation

Today was our final deadline on our product, so I will also add the evaluation of my product. During this lesson I started by arranging my earth made out of clay as somebody had destroyed it. I also started to make it smoother by using a knife and cutting out the irregularities. I then painted the whole thing blue. While I waited it to dry I cut out the pieces of green paper which would represent the continents on my earth. The paint dried quite quickly so I did not have to wait too long. I glued on the continents with the glue guns. One of the problems here was that the continents were not correctly placed in relation to each other. This made the product look less professional. The continents also looked a little bumpy, although I do not think this was a problem with the product. After this I did some new justifications with the blue paint, as well as a few changes with the bin... Overall I think it was a good lesson.


This is me working with the creation of the earth part of my sculpture.
This was how my final artwork looked like.
Evaluation
What was good?
There was a few aspects that were good with my product. One of this was the trash bin, as well as the trash bin. This shows clearly what my artwork represents. I also like my message that I am trying to give across to the viewer (that we need to stop to waste our world or it will become a big junk of trash). I think that this is very important as it gives a purpose for the artwork (not only looking nice as I think that my product is not very pleasing for the eyes to look at). Like I mentioned the trash can is quite good as it look a little like a prison, but also has the characteristics of a trash can. Another good aspect is that I think that everyone can relate to it and that the message speaks for itself: we are destroying the earth.
What was bad?
The major aspect that I think that was bad was the structure of the earth itself. This is because it wasn't very round and gives an impression that it is more of a draft artwork. When this is said it can also be interpreted that the earth is damaged. This is the major  problem, and also the major aspect I would change for next time.

I would also change the trash bin message, as some people said they though it looked more like a recycle logo. I could also have some other trash with it.
What would you like to improve for next time?
For next time there is major aspect I would have liked to change, and this is how my earth looked. In order to this I would have liked to be more careful when I created it. It would also help allot if I had used more of my time on the earth as it was in the end quite rushed. I also think that it is due to me rushing and the several problems that I encountered the reason for why my earth looked like it did. Like I said, I would also change the logo.
How did the artwork relate to Pop Art?
There are several ways how this artwork relate to pop art. The first aspect was my idea that we are 'over consuming the world'. With this I meant that we need to be more careful with pollution and our resources, so that the future for the next generations will be better. This is the major aspect that was presented in the Artwork.

In my artwork I also played around with sizes of the earth, especially when the artwork was like thrown it into the bin. This is clearly something that would not happen in real life! This is the second way how it relates. It also have a few distinguished colours,  which is also an aspect allot of pop artist used.

How would the artwork be accessed?
This artwork would be accessed mass scale in the streets or an open artwork gallery. This is because I would want to get the message to be sent across to as many people as possible. This is one of the Pop Art aspects that it needs to be mass produced or seen. For my project I would like to display it in an available space in school.

The accessibility is also very good. This is because the message is so clear and simply that everyone understands it without thinking too much. This is very important and is one of the important aspects of Pop art.

What did people think about it?
Mirre: I likes that that the earth is easily recognisable. I also think the trash can is good, although i would like a real trash can. The trash can sign however makes me feel like recycle and that takes away from the message. There could have been real trash in the can. Nice and simple.

Andreas: It looks trashy and good, due to the earth looking realistic.

Sofie: It is well carried out. Good to see the countries and easy to see the meaning of the artwork. The trash can looks however like a recycling sign. It could have been better if the trash can would look more like a 'real' trash can. It could possibly have been placed where a trash can would have been.

Martha: There is a good meaning. Could have made more of a connection to where you live.

June: The globe could have been a little bigger, but apart from that it good. The chicken wire could also have had a rim to make it more realistic and neat.

Mr Roman: I agree that the message is very good, although there could have been a rim on the trash can.The accessibility is good.

Morgan: The message is good and everyone can easily relate to it. Good :-).


Overall I am happy with my artwork, although with a little more time the results could have been much better... I give my artwork and 7.5/10.

1 kommentar:

  1. The idea was extremely relevant to this time and place we live in.

    However i'm not entirely sure how it's pop art.........

    The earth is recognizable, and the bin might remind me of a recycling bin (and I know that's not the idea).
    -M-

    SvarSlett