Here is my final picture!
Evaluation
Here is an evaluation of my painting. It includes the weaknesses and strengths of the painting, as well as what I could improove. It also includes a section where I write what other people had to say about my painting. Overall I must say that I am happy with the result; it has been a good unit in many ways.Strengths
I think that the major strength of the painting is its feeling. You can easily recognize the objects and I think there is a generally nice flow to the picture. The purpose of the painting was to make something quite accurate, and this I have certainly done. I have also a good amount of tone in several objects, something which again relates to the accuracy. I also think that I have used the correct painting techniques.Weaknesses
There are a few weaknesses with my drawing, but there is one major one; the neatness ccould have been improoved. This would have increased how the audience could interact with the picture. When this is said, we did not have too much time to create the painting.The seccond weakness is the shadow of the froots. This was not done properly and is something that could be greatly improoved. This was also done in quite a good pace, but I could clearly have done a better job!
Improovements
There are not so many things that I would have liked to change with the same time amount, but with slightly more time I would have liked to have added a great amount of detail to tone and shadowoing. This would have made the painting much stronger and memorable.Before my final adjustments I got a comment that there were some colours that were much stronger than others. I agreed with this and made a few adjustments. If you look at the milk carton you can get a good example of how I tried to change this with white paint. This is not a weakness in itself, but it is something that I would like to think more about in future units.
Others Opinion
People generally though that the painting was quite good. They liked the detail and said that the colours were generally matching. When this is said, a few of the students said that the pear, background, milk carton, and the banana had to strong colours compared to the rest of the painting. I agreed that the background and the milk carton were too bright, but I did not agree with the rest. This is why I only lightened parts of the painting before it was due.PS: I created a frame after the picture above was taken.
PPS: The picture is supposed to be viewed from a distance.
PPPS: Overall I am happy with the results. I would give myself an 8/10 on my abilities.

Ingen kommentarer:
Legg inn en kommentar