torsdag 6. september 2012

Symbolic Self Portrait 06-09-12

In Today's lesson I continued to work on my sketch, as well as creating a carbon copy of my psinting onto the canvas. In the beggining of the lesson I continued with my sketch, especially with the eye and the mouth. I think this went very well, especially the aspects of expressing my personality. This was one of the aspects I would try to use from Picassos drawings that I did in one of the previous entries. Overall I was really happy with the sketch... The quality was good.

Here is a picture of my sketch during the carbon copying technique stage.

The seccond part of the lesson was to copy the sketch onto the canvas. using carbon copying. The technique is bassed on coping the outlines of drawings onto a canvas or other sheet of paper. Ths is done by dracing over the outlines of the drawing onto the other sheet of paper, with the original drawing having carbon on the back. The copy of the drawing was very accurate and good, and I was very happy with the result.

During the last part of the lesson I decided to start painting the seigmann. The results were good, especially colour wise. In the next lessons I will have to continue with my painting and continue to work in the standards that I have done so far. One aspect I will have to be carefull about is the quality of my painting; this is something I have been very bad at before. Bellow you have a picture of the partially finsihed seigmann.

Here you have the start of my painting. 
The remaining parts of the seigmann will be in a darker/lighter red/orange.


Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar