lørdag 8. desember 2012

Time 29/11/12 Extended + Evaluation


Due to me having to go to an 'unexpected trip' to Oslo for USA visas, I could not go to Art class and finish the expected changes. This is the reason for why I will do the evaluation now.
PS: Due to the Christmas play we won't have any more art lessons this term :-(.

Evaluation

What was good?

I believe the best aspect with the artwork was its meaning. When taken in consideration this really adds to the meaning of this clock. I also believe the artwork was well made and is of adequate quality, and won't be destroyed after two seconds. The relation between music and visual arts is also quite interesting and an idea that I want to carry forward.

What was bad?

The worst part with the artwork was the level of neatness: the lines where often not straight and the width of the lines often changed. This gives an 'unserious' look to the painting, something which was not intentional. Another problem was that there were too many lines in the first set of lines. This makes the piece wrong and gives a 'super amateur' look, and it also makes the music piece wrong. 

What would you improve?

For improving the neatness level I would first change the material I used: balsawood. The problem was that with this tree type you could easily carve into it and create an uneven surface. This contributed to this problem. I would for next time use a type of wood which was known for being good for painting. I would also add a red rim (I did intend this, but due to the USA trip I couldn't), since this would add a third colour and add another dimension to the shield aspect.


I enjoyed this unit :-)

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar