fredag 27. januar 2012

Pop Art 26/1/12

Yesterday, I decided that I would start to create the earth part of my assignment. In order to do this I would blow up a balloon and papier-maché it. This would create the circular form of the earth. This was what I started doing in the beginning of the lesson. First I blew up my balloon into a seasonably size, before I took small strips of paper and glued them onto the balloon. I was very careful to only have small strips as this would simplify my work in the following lessons, as well as making the project look neater.

When the whole balloon was filled with papier-maché I decided to add a second layer with papier-maché, although with less glue so that I could paint when I was finished with papier-machéing. This was a big mistake as when I started to paint some of the paper went of etc. This wasted quite allot of time, so when I was finished I only had twenty minutes left of the two lessons, so I decided to work a little on my blog.



Overall I am happy with my days work, but it could have been better if I had planned it more carefully. Above you can see my papier-machéd ball. In the next lesson I will have to work more with putting another layer, as well as working on by paper bin. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar